Wednesday, March 9, 2011

R.I.P. Fernando!

last fall, garnish interiors spotted an unusual vintage chair named Fernando
on the craigslist free section.


we took a loooong road trip out to acton, ma
to rescue Fernando from the basement of a tired, old house.
from the photos, Fernando looked huge...
but when when the owner brought him up from the basement,
Fernando was a petite chair...too little to stand alone.


we tried him at carolyn's house...he was laughed into the garage.
then, I took him to my house...gave him a fresh coat (or 5 coats!) of glossy, white paint.
Contemplated spending the money to have his cushion recovered...
but decided to live with him as is for a while.
I tried to make him fit in here...he was in the kitchen, family room and
finally ended up in the office with a fabulous pillow.
In the end, I made the very sad decision that Fernando had to go.
on a random Tuesday afternoon, I put him on craigslist for free.
within 20 minutes, I had over 30 responses.
people begging me to be the new owner of Fernando.
I finally picked a nice guy who promised to pick him up right away.
Fernando is now in a new apartment in Brighton...beer stained....
but having the time of his life!
goodbye, Fernando!


No comments:

Post a Comment